The Wildwood outdoor rinks are open for public skating this year!
Of course, this year will be different than most. We’d like to remind everyone of the provincial public health rules as well as the community centre’s own recommendations.
- Individuals are responsible for following provincial public health rules.
- The Community Centre is not responsible for enforcing the Manitoba Health regulations, but we expect community members to adhere to all of the guidelines we have put in place following Manitoba Health rules. Not following health regulations puts others at risk and opens you up to fines.
- Two meters (6 ft) distance between all individuals on and off the ice, unless you are from the same household.
- Do not come to skate if you are feeling sick or have recently traveled outside of the province.
- Masks are highly recommended at all times.
- We anticipate that the rinks will be busy this year. Please be neighbourly and limit your time on the ice, especially if rinks are busy.
- Please do not loiter.
- No organized games of any kind (Hockey, spongee, ringette, broomball, etc…)
- Individuals can practice hockey skills on their own.
- The inside of the community centre is not open at this time.
See their website for further details. https://skiwildwood.blogspot.com/
The ski trails through the Wildewood Golf Course, Wildwood Community Centre grounds and St. John’s Ravenscourt field are open. Please observe Covid-19 public health protocols.
Mini soccer registration has started!
There is still uncertainty on whether Provincial health and sport governing authorities will allow outdoor soccer this spring. While outdoor sport may open up where safety measures can reasonably be maintained at the older ages (9 to 17 years), it may be a challenge to meet those requirements at the 4 to 8-year-old mini soccer levels. The safety of our children, coaches and parents is of primary importance and we will only provide a program if it can be done safely and in compliance with health regulations.
To prepare for the possibility of a season, we are opening registration with a deadline of Friday, March 26th.
Click here for registration information.